Tuesday, October 23, 2007

noisy city?

Finally, I found someone who shares similar views. NYC is very noisy and irritatingly so.

When I moved here, non-nyc friends and acquaintances used to ask me with envy - "hows nyc treating you? you go to wall st everyday - isn't that something?...bla bla bla"

In reply, when I used to mention that the toughest part of my day was landing at the WTC station and facing the construction, they used to feel that I was being a baby or a spoilsport. However, that's a fact.

Check out Henry Bean's latest movie on noise casting Tim Robbins and this associated article. NYC is super-noisy and so was Mumbai - my hometown. However, in the years at Pune, St Louis, and Pittsburgh, I got used to quieter better quality of life than the metros. I would eagerly wait for the movie's release.

No comments: