Saturday, December 22, 2007

movie review: charlie wilson's war

I had waited for this movie for long, alike American Gangster. Both the movies that I waited for had lived upto my expectations. In fact, they had surpassed my expectations.

Acting:
10/10
Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts at their best... .Julia didn't have much of a role - but did perform it well.

The most surprising one for me was Phillip Seymour Hoffman - yea, Gust from CIA !

Story:
N/A - it's a true story - hence, I have another parameter to evaluate....the screenplay !

Screenplay was very well adapted. Just to evaluate this aspect, I ran to the Barnes and Noble on last Friday (between my shopping and going out that night) and read most of the book. The screenplay seemed a bit rushed - but indicative of the way things were progressing in Charlie Wilson's life - quickly ! I would rate screenplay at 8/10.

I hope the writer's strike doesn't lead to a drought period of my newly found hobby of movies.
May be I can continue that hobby with foreign films - that implies more variety and exploration.

No comments: