Monday, April 03, 2006

Twisters-2 !

Sunday...da day of trip.
bloody... day light saving had already taken the life out of me.
I got out of the Boathouse @ Forest Park early on the previous day in order to make it to bed early. However, I made it to bed only by around 11:30 pm or so.

Alarm clock started ringing at 5:45 as I had put it that way. However, I had woken up way before that. Drove down to the intermediate destination.

B took a ride to P's place to get R's kitten. P was in sleep when we reached her place. She is gettin her house in shape slowly and steadily (and you know what they say about...slow and steady.....winnin the race).
Then we were all set !

Well, on the way, we played a nice game...that of learning numbers in various languages.
R taught us French numbers (Un, Do, Twa, Qwatra, Sank, Six, Set, Ouit, nuff, des...wow I remember it !)....and I tried teaching Hindi numbers !

Did some small naughty things....n sinful food. Yeah, southern food is almost everything fried !
btw, B was ready with her indian-kurta like top (with some embroidery/design) with jeans on it..much like the indian college goin gurls.

Well, we reached home pretty much in the afternoon...but it was a fun ride...nice day outside..nice ride...good stops at logical breaks.

R was mad about the fact that she was unable to get into her house and show us her prom dress. For an intelligent gurl like R, I had expected a little bit more maturity. Well, blame it on the hormones though.... I mean teenagers are like that. There was a time...even I was a teenager :)

Anyways, got to know Bee's mom is planning to sell that house. Bee had apparently done a good job setting up her aunt's room in mom's place.

Later, myself and Bee visited Bee's own place. Nice scenic place...it was a beautiful day. I dont know if she would've been able to manage it there. I mean..I remember my aunt having a place for a bungalow at our native place...but once she was hooked on to Mumbai..she didn't want to go there. Bee persisted on the point that she would be able to make it in TN. I dont think so !

Way back was a trip I would never forget....ever !
We had discussions with which we got to know more about each other. We faced a stormy drive together. Well, it was overall an action packed Sunday evening.

btw, while Bee showed me her place and we headed for a chinese buffet place for our dinner, I drove the rest of the journey. I realised she must be tired. Now, her truck is absolutely fantastic. As much as it is loaded, it is convenient.

What was the most enthralling of the revelations was the survival of this Taurean female from all that she's been through. Puts her in a different orbit altogether. ...in terms of respect.


All the while, I never felt uncomfortable in the storm...despite of having a look at the Tornado's one side of the wall which Bee spotted out. At that time, it didn't seem that big a thing...but later when the downpour increased and we were still listening to music instead of radio, I realised what we were getting into. A tornado warning was already issued but we were both ignorant at that time.

That's why they say "Ignorance is bliss"

We could go through it so well. For me, what mattered the most was her company. Probably, her company can let me weather any storm and remain unperturbed. That's what I feel at least now.

We came back to IL just to find out that her area was hit too. Fortunately, not her house...but yes, a nearby region was hit and live wires lying open forced the emergency team to black out an entire region. She guided towards another exit and we were at her place.

After all this, I felt like making a rebuttal to the unavoidable offshore call. Laid my head down on her lap. Remembered someone so much ....(weeps).

Later, we went to sleep. She wakes up early and knocked on my door at 6:30 or so.
We had a morning routine I wouldn't forget.....in the end, I found out it was 10:47 am and I was not in the office ! Well, gotta run.

This weekend before my 24th bday is something I would always treasure !

No comments: