Tuesday, March 07, 2006

..confessions of a discombobulated mind... !

Well, since a past few days, I have been analyzing my decisions:
1. I left SPJain Dubai-Singapore MBA opportunity despite of the admit(their placements have considerably improved...last year's track record was really bad ! Prollie I missed on a gold mine there).

2. I didn't put in 100% efforts for the ISB interview.

Why?
I have an admit from IS Mgmt course of CMU (http://www.mism.cmu.edu)

I have no clue if they will be able to meet what I want from their course.
Initial talk with Ron indicates he can get me placements for consulting firms...but for service mgmt, no idea. I want a role in engagement mgmt
Also, investing such an amount of time and money in a non-MBA seems to be a no-no for me


On the other hand,
if my documents processing happens fast, I would be in May batch which is a one-year option.

It would take me a little bit away from my Finance field aspirations...but what the hell who cares? (I dont want to be a fixed income analyst anyways)

It's a means to an end. I shall continue with my investments independently.
If possible, I shall park some funds with Mr Chetan Parikh (http://www.jeetay.com)

Links like these have started to unnerve me:

India Rising

Good Morning America
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1674437

Bush's visit to ISB
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/03/20060303-3.html

This really put me topsy turvy.

Missed on some equity chances due to me being here and not able to so actively track opportunities as I could from India.

So, the confusion is on two counts:
1. India or US ?
India is hot right now.... any business...bound to usher.
US is
2. Job or business.

If India, mostly business
If US, mostly job (do I like it that way ? )



----------
btw, the only person I cared abt at workplace.... has got me shifted away frm her.
but there might be a reason... she needed proximity of another worker .
I m fine with the shift...just that it would be really boring in the new place.
Apparently, she came in a little bit in a haste to the office today. Prollie, had a tough workout last night I guess.

we had a long lunch. I didn't mean to waste her time but topics kept on coming up.
I wanted to discuss it over the weekend at length...but it didn't stop.

how do i tell her?............

whatever i told to mom.... :|

2 comments:

AJ said...

hmm very discombobulated... :)
Hang on buddy

Shantan said...

Hi manik. I want to get in touch with you. Even i have a choice between Carnegie Mellon (MISM) and SP Jain Dubai/Singapore...and i am really confused what to choose exactly. Can u mail me at shantan.rao@gmail.com ? Would be grateful